About Me

My photo
Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
I love to craft. I've been crafting in one form or another all my life and never tire of learning new skills or updating old ones. I learn something new everyday and can never find enough free hours in my day to do all the things I'd like to. I'm new to Blogging but hope to get better at it as we go along............any hints or tips would be most welcome.

Wednesday 8 August 2012

Hi Ya

 July has been a very busy month, I have been busy nearly all the time.....
I have managed a few great crafty moments, great in as much as I have loved every minute of them.

I have managed to find an old wooden letter stand, at a local charity shop, it has an old penny on the top and was made of pine.








I cleaned it all up and painted it gold. then I painted it crackle medium followed by black board paint.
I used my heat gun all over then rubbed some of the areas I wanted to look worn.
So far I am quite pleased with the outcome.








My plan is to make a steam punk themed letter holder.............. so have just ordered some great wooden steam punk pipes and cogs from a great new web shop............. I will find the name and add it as soon as I can, more to follow..................................











Photo quality is a bit iffy as taken with my mobile and I have no flash on this phone.
I will up date them with better ones when I can :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment